Preston Mill near the village of East Linton was East Lothian's last working water mill. The buildings date from the 18th century although some parts of them may date from the 17th century when the mill served the neighbouring Smeaton Estate. There has been a mill on the site, making use of the power of the River Tyne since the 16th century. Given to the National Trust for Scotland in 1950, Preston Mill was last used for the production of oats in 1959.
Now a museum, the kiln with its conical roof is very popular with photographers.