The Bath House was intended to provide an invigorating cold dip. The cold bath is sunk into an arcaded ground floor and a flight of steps leads to a dressing room above.The last member of the Methuen family to use it regularly was the Field-Marshal Lord Methuen (1846-1932).
In the Bath House a door leads into a narrow tunnel with stucco walls encrusted with fir cones, hazel twigs and the remains of moss. This leads into the Bradford Porch, a late-Medieval doorway with a fan-vaulted ceiling that was erected here as a summerhouse by the 4th Lord Methuen in 1968 having been brought from The Priory at Bradford-on-Avon, formerly a Methuen property. The major part of the Priory was demolished in 1936.
The major part of the Priory was demolished in 1936.