Sunday, 15 September 2013

Hatton House South Gates

Part of the former principal entrance to one of the great Renaissance houses of Scotland. Erected in 1629 to the east of the house as part of the grand avenue that connected it to the Lion Gates, the gates were moved to their current position, south of the house near the west lodge, in 1829. Hatton House was demolished in 1955. Perhaps the gates will move again?